Five Fabulously Frugal Things I’ve Done – 23rd June 2017
- No takeaways. This week marks four weeks of not ordering any takeaways. Our average takeaway is £20 so that’s an £80+ saving over the last month as some weeks we might order in twice. Changing our diet has helped a lot with this so we’ve not felt the desire to order in, well we did once but we walked to Asda and bought a fresh cooked chicken instead – cheaper and much healthier.
- Free lunch As it was father’s day and my sister’s birthday, my mum decided to treat us all to lunch which a) meant I didn’t have to cook (win) and b) didn’t cost us anything. The meal wasn’t great though (kept getting the steaks wrong) so my mum put in a complaint, no doubt she’ll get some vouchers to compensate which will give us all another meal out. If you’re not happy with something it always pays to let them know!
- 10% off cheesecake. It’s Aaron’s birthday in August and he’s not a big birthday cake fan so I decided to order him an English Cheesecake Company cake instead (shhhh). I did a little research and found the permanent voucher code “AFFILIATE” which took 10% off my order. I ordered the 12 mini cheesecakes as they are part of the “Cake of the moment” offer so when they’re dispatched I’ll also get a FREE 8″ cheesecake.
- Vipon. Yes, Vipon makes another appearance. This week I’ve had some Yoga slippers and a headband ordered for a couple of quid. I started doing DDP Yoga and my feet stick to my mat so I’m hoping the slippers will help and the headband will keep my hair out of my way.
- Bleached Jeans. I decided to give the bathroom a good cleaning, one of those where you bleach it to within an inch of it’s life. I managed to get a few spots of bleach on the only pair of jeans that fit me (I’m losing weight, not buying more until I NEED to). Thanks to the advice of a friend I took a Sharpie marker to it and blended it out slightly. If you look you can see it still but it’s not obvious.
Stay Up To Date
If you like it, share it...